Black Water Extracts, Peat, et al

Apistophiles and cichlidiots around the world,

I primarily keep East African rift lake cichlids.  My tap water is
perfect for such, being Malawi out of the tap (ph about 7.8, both GH
and KH high enough not to bother mentioning).  I'd like to keep some
Apistos or West African dwarves, and I'm interested in the
testimonials of those who have used the various black water extracts
with water similar to mine.  First, is using such a product feasible
with water such as mine?  If so, is one of the products significantly
better than the others?  Is there anyone who has gone from black water
extracts to using 'peat tea' (boiled peat water) and found that it is
more useful or as useful?

Thanx much,
Brian T Forsythe
crom@cris.com