Re: Ph. and Breeding Nannochromis Transvestitus

AEIGPHD wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> Thank you all for your comments so far.  I am going to try to breed N. Trans.
> I am told that they only spawn when ph is 5.  Have others spawned them at a
> higher  ph?  Will I get more females at this low ph?  Any help would be great.
>
>                                 Thanks,
>                                                         Andy

Hi Andy,
I don't remember the exact pH I used to spawn mine at, but it was closer
to 6. The keys I found were:
	very soft water - 100 percent melted snow in my case
	peat filtration (they remained healthy in pH 7.4, 140 ppm tapwater with
peat 		filters, but not without).
	the opportunity to dig out their own breeding caves
	they bred like mad if fed whiteworms
Hope it works for you.
Gary