Re: beauty contest?

Lcrabo wrote:

> I am curious what other Apistogramma species (and varieties)
> other subscribers on this list find the most beautiful.  If beauty isn't your
> thing tell me what your favorite species is and why (behavior etc).
>         I hope that this an appropriate post.  I thought this type of poll might be
> of interest to a number of enthusiasts.

Hi Lars,

beauty is very relative.

To me the A. spec. 'Breitbinden' that i kept for two years was the most beautiful
apisto. Very disappointing that there were no females available :-( . The most beautiful
non-apisto dwarf was Dicrossus filamentosa (spelling ?). Both species use to have
absolute fantastic fins (only males). The most beautiful female apisto surely is A.
nijsenni or pandurini - in that point i agree to Ken.

Find your own favourites in a good book. Very seldom to find them in your LFS. Take
those which are availlable - most dwarfs are beauties.

Thomas