Re: beauty contest?

At 08:50 AM 1/26/98 -0800, you wrote:
>Hi, Lars -
>
>My favorit is the 'Rio Tefe'. I had a pair 3 years ago and they had such
>beauty (of color) and personality, the Dicrossus filamentosus for the tail
>extensions and the female nijsseni for her coloring. I also have to agree
>that the green body coloring of the Nannacara anomala is also quite
beautiful.

>The cacatuoides is quite beautiful and there are never two males alike. In
>all the years I had been spawing them, I never had two males that had the
>same coloration or markings in the fins.
>
>All in all, I agree that ALL Apistos and dwarfs are very pretty and can hold
>their own agains the salt water as far as I am concerned.
>
>Kaycy

I have a pair of 'Rio Maderias' Apistos right now and the male is
absolutely stunning.  But the best (for me) have always got to be the
nijsenni or the pandurini.  I've had my nijsenni pair for almost 2 years
now and thay are so big and full of personality.  I've had my pandurini for
almost a year and they are so beautiful, my male is solid blue (definitely
'sky blue').  I think those two are my favorite apisto's, favorite non
apisto dwarf would be dorsingers in breeding color, but I have some
Dicrossus maculatus that are coming up and the male looks like he is coming
up nicely.  Side question, does anybody out there have any experience
spawning maculatus?  I know there was debate for a while on whether they
were cave or open spawners and I have this area in my tank that looks like
something is making a pit in the gravel beneath an overhanging rock.  Any
ideas?  Just wondering.

STeve