Re: Sv: veijitas

>One fish I am especially interested in is you photo of
>A."rotpunkt", it looks very like A. "puerto narino", are
>these the same fish?

Hi all,
Puerto Narino are "rotpunkt" IMO. I've seen A. sp. rotpunkt under a number
of different synonyms through the years: as A. moae in a Cichlid News
article, A sp. "Schwarzsaum" as over-priced German imports, and countless
others from perhaps well-meaning, but less than eagle eyed aquarists.
Regardless, it's a great fish, probably one of the most adaptable and eager
to spawn apisto., great colors, big 'ol green lips on the males. A bit
frustrating though when you place an order for some new and exotic apisto.
only to find out it is a "rotpunkt",of which you have too many in the first
place.
- - Steve Waldron

Steven J. Waldron                          e-mail: swaldron@slip.net
2550 Balboa St. #2                         phone: (415) 386-7377
San Francisco, California, 94121 USA

"I like the look of frogs, and their outlook, and especially the way
they get together in wet places on warm nights and sing about sex."
                                 - Archie Carr, The Windward Road