Fwd: Re: A. cruzi? + Any cure for sick rams?

Don wrote:
>It's probably impossible to keep the parasite out of your tanks. It can
>come in with plants, fish, gravel, maybe even your water source. But
fish
>typically aren't affected unless they are stressed.

I haven't been following this thread about ichy rams so I don't know
if this has been mentioned.  High temperatures make the ich cysts mature
and go into the free-swimming stage (bear with me if I am not 100%
accurate).  Your rams may have gotten stressed at being kept at a
relatively low temperature.  Rams come from a savannah type environment
and are sitting in pools of water that are in direct sunlight and
relative shallow.  When I bred rams in the past, they were kept at 85
degrees fahrenheit +.  They tolerate 90 degree water easily.  Turning up
the temperature is probably the easiest way to get rid of the polkadots.