Re: What does a agassizii really look like.

Hi

> When i look at the picture of agassizii on CHOP
> http://trans4.neep.wisc.edu/~gracy/fish/cichlids/apistogramma/agassizii/
> its a sort of plainish yellowish fish and personally not very inspiring.

A female in brooding colouration. It's a really bad foto (read old) so
it doesn't do the fish justice. Female Apistos are a knockout, this
is what we all want in our tanks.

> When I check out the picture at the incomprehensible japanese site
> http://w5.dj.net.tw/~iris/a_agassizii.JPG   i see a VERY different fish
> under the same name and really rather gorgeous.

Red male, just as Thomas said.

> Dave Soares has a picture of a agassizii blue form
> http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Plains/7918/aggblue.gif    which I am
> assuming would be true to life.

True to life is not really valid for any photo, since we all know that
a fish colour vary greatly. Taking a picture of a fish is not that hard,
taking a good photo of a fish is very hard, especially for smaller fish.
All agassizii's are great fish so you can't go wrong with any of them.

The Taiwanese site has lots of aggie-pics, check them all out and you'll
see how much colour can vary in this species.

//Fredrik

- --
Fredrik.Ljungberg@saab.se
Saab Ab
Flutter and Loads Department
voice +46 13 18 54 60, fax +46 13 18 33 63