Taiwanese Apisto site, Pairs of young

On Thu, 29 Jan 1998, Phillip J Ryti wrote:

> I have been going thru the site today and opening up each of the
> thumbnails.
> It appears to me that at least some are from the Linke & Staeke Book just
> mirrored.

That's a far more generous term than I'd use. :)  But I guess the
copyright law is far more lenient in some places.

- ---

Re: buying pairs, I'll just say that we try to when we can.  For
instance, A. steindachneri at $2 each.  But sometimes we're not even lucky
enough to get a real pair of the same species (cf. the posting from a few
months back, where we got one A. "breitbinden" and two female "four
stripes".) and have to go hunting for suitable mates for them.

The nice thing about buying 6 or more unidentified or semi-identified (or
mis-identified) young is that we can usually get all our money back for
them by selling the extras back to the store as fully ID'd adults.

   - Erik

- ---
Erik Olson
eriko at wrq.com