Re: Re: A. nijsenni

In a message dated 1/30/98 1:07:07 PM, Phoenix1@t-online.de wrote:

<<"I bought a youg pair of

apisto..., they were very small, about one ore one and a quart inch". When I

started my hobby - yeah, it is a time ago - it was usual that we bought in

minimum 5 or 6 pieces of an apisto (or other) type. So the fishes had a better

chance to find out partners by themself. >>

I'm sure that most of us would like to be able to purchase a half-dozen fish
and let them pair up by themselves.  For myself, I usually cannot justify
spending that kind of money, especially when the fish may cost $10 or $15 a
piece.  There is also a small thrill in being able to successfully sex out a
pair out of a tankfull of very small fish.  I have usually been successful in
obtaining a pair this way, and assuming all other factors are OK, have had a
good success rate in obtaining spawns.
If you have the space and the money though, I'm sure your method is
preferable.

Jeff
WndrKdnomo@aol.com