Re: A. nijsenni

>you cannot buy a pair when it is still very tiny. You only can buy a male
>and a
>female. In case you are living with a very ugly woman in a country where
>are no
>other woman - after a time surely you'll love her. Provided that you have
>enough
>liquor! But where can your apisto male buy liquor?!
>
>I never had only one pair of apistos because most type of them breeds by one
>male and two or three female at separately lairs. And the overflow? Why
>dont you
>give them to friends which have a community tank. I'm sure you're welcome.
>
>Wilfred

 Wilfred,
I think you are living your love-life fantasies through your fishes.
Polygynous apistos are my favorites as well, perhaps I'm dreaming of a few
extra females myself (naah too much trouble!). Just kidding, but you are
right, it is important to get a group of animals and let them make their
own matches. My most successful pairings have come from those the fish made
themselves from juvenile groups, including a pair of macmasteri that lived
in happy monogamy for over 6 years.
- - Steve Waldron