Re: Re: A. nijsenni

WndrKdnomo@aol.com wrote:
> I'm sure that most of us would like to be able to purchase a half-dozen fish
> and let them pair up by themselves.  For myself, I usually cannot justify
> spending that kind of money, especially when the fish may cost $10 or $15 a
> piece.  There is also a small thrill in being able to successfully sex out a
> pair out of a tankfull of very small fish.  I have usually been successful in
> obtaining a pair this way, and assuming all other factors are OK, have had a
> good success rate in obtaining spawns.
> If you have the space and the money though, I'm sure your method is
> preferable.
>
> Jeff
> WndrKdnomo@aol.com

Hello Jeff,

I fully understand the problems with the price. To have fishes is a hobby and
nobody will (or can) spend to much money for that. So we have to look for other
ways. One option would be to decrease the number of different types. Six pairs
could be the same price as two times a half dozen. But, okay, then you have only
two types of apistos. Other people has, perhaps, other two kinds of apisto. When
you have any fry, then you can exchange and after a time you have a lot of dwarf
cichlids. Nobody says you have to buy all your fishes in a store. That's only
good for the store, not for you. I dont know if you can go this way. In our
aquarium club we tried it very successful. Try it and see.

Wilfred

Wilfred Teiser - Germany
phoenix1@t-online.de