Fwd: Re: A. nijsenni

Bob wrote:

>If we could solve that, it would be great.  If those fortunate few of
us who
>do collect were to establish a system, perhaps starting with the
already
>common use of terms like "Rio Mamore", and "Rio Tefe", and building on
that,
>It would be great, even if it only was maintained among the growing
network ok
>Apistophiles who are online and in groups like the ACA and ASG.  Today
>learned that there are color morphs of brichardi.  It would be useful
to know
>the locations of the various populations, just as it would the
multitudinous
>aggies, borelliis, and others.
>
>Perhaps we could establish a map of the Apisto range, and post the
identified
>known locations of the various species and sub-strains on it?  This
would be
>cool, eh?
>
>Bob

Bob--You're right.  My point about trying to get groups at one time can
be somewhat justified by what you mentioned about learning about
different color morphs of Brichardi.  There's at least a half dozen
different species of Lake Tanganyikan fish which look very much like
Brichardi.  Many of them were probably imported as Brichardi at one
time.  This knowledge is fairly recent.  We will undoubtedly learn to
make these distinctions with apistos as in the Trifasciata types and the
different MacMasteri types.