Re: Fwd: Re: Fwd: Re: What does a agassizii really look like.

>I think it was in Cichlid News--Marc Weiss said he can find all the wild
>discus-types in the same waters.  Not sure if locals moved them around
>or if the wholesalers sort by types before shipping them to the U.S.  I
>wonder how much sorting is done by the wholesalers on apistos.
 Ed,
That is interesting. I neglected the possibility of artificially induced
gene flow amongst populations from commercial collectors. Wholesalers sort
through Apistos quite well (that is if they have someone on staff with "The
EYE"), I used to myself. Exporters, not so much. I've found t-bars,
Taenicara and hosts of others in boxes of wild tetras and other apisto.
imports. Oh and those with a disdain for wild cacatuoides- I like them, but
if you don't, a wild bag of cacatuoides is at least good for one thing-
Apistogrammoides.
- - Steve Waldron