Re: SpeakingOfGenetics

Hi Doug,

surely an blue aggie - a nice fish except that bad looking tail.

Looks like cut with a scissors. I think of the possibility that this fish had an
bacterial infection. A rude method to cure is cutting off that infected part of
the fin. I've heard but never saw it. If so it makes no difference to the genes
and to fertility..

How long do you have it? Did the tail look always that alike?

If it's a genetic defect the fry will also have that damaged tail. Just wait and
see.

Thomas

PS: Nice photos !! How did you take them ??