RE: wild-caught fish

Many wild caught fish are 'infested' with various parasites, bacteria,
etc., which are not adequately eliminated from the fish during its drip
to a persion via wholesalers, shippers, jobbers, fish stores. The
'pathogenic' explosion which can occur in highly stressed fish can, and
do take their toll. Not to even mention the 'tuberculoid' possibilities
with fish.

A systematic treatment of IMPORTS is often necessary, just to get them
survive while trying to 'destress' them. Some fish are more tolerant,
others much less. But if you ever looked inside a wild fish from SA or
CA, you probably wouldn't want to eat fish again...