A.borellii

Hi all,
  I'm fairly new to this listand even newer to apisto keeping- and
have just bought 4 A.borelli.
 I didn't intend getting apistos so soon but gave into temptation
when I saw some at my LFS. I installed the borelli's into a 15gal
tank (Imp gals..20 US gals) one male about 1'' and 3 females each
just under 1''.  The water temp is 24 deg C, pH 6.7 approx and GH
about 140ppm. There is a fine layer of gravel in the tank, lots of
java fern and some small plastic pots.
    My questions are what is the max pH and hardness I can maintain
the apisto's and what are the ideal hardness and pH for spawning
them? I have a limited access to RO water and collecting rainwater in
polluted Coventry is not ideal for fish without treating it first.

Thanks
Brendan
Brendan McEvoy
Coventry