Re: sexing rams

<< You might want to look at dorsal fin height to body depth. Males should
have
 taller dorsal fins with shorter body depth than females.  Females should
 also be rounder in girth than males.  The extended rays at the front of the
 dorsal fin should be longer in males. As others will no doubt chime in all
 of these features goes to pot with inbred domestic strains where these
 features can occur in both sexes. >>

Yeah, that is about right.  My females have the same length of rays as the
males so that isn't a very good indicator.  I find them fairly easy to sex
because the female has a pink area on her belly when she is mature.  Also I'm
not sure with wild rams, but usually males with be quite larger than females
and all my males have much more yellow coloring in the head region of their
body than females do.

Hope this helps,
    Bryan Kohart