Re: Re: Species Conseravation

In a message dated 2/19/98 3:15:13 PM, debrown@kodak.com wrote:

<<nature has taken its course for millions of years on this planet
without us - and will continue to do so. Resistance is futile.>>

You are missing the point.  If this was a case of "nature taking it's course"
it indeed would be one thing.  But I don't think that the intervention of man
into natural ecosystems is a "natural" event. I think that when we have
screwed something up that it is incumbent on us to at least try to mitigate
the damage, although,as you have pointed out, putting Pandora back in the box
can be somewhat problematical.
In the long run,the earth will get over any damage we can inflict, but we
won't be around to see it.  The point is, what type of earth do we want to
live in?  Trying to mitigate damage that we have caused, or better yet, to
avoid as much of the damage as possible, is not a futile endevour.
Well,that's my two cents worth.
Jeff
WndrKdnomo@aol.com