Re: Species Conseravation -Reply

 >> I'll bet Kathy would be willing to keep A. Steindachneri, and Kaycy
already has several species that she is keeping going.  See?  We are =
already
on the way.  Let me know.  My Email box is always open

Bob,

There are actually a few fish I really like keeping and have kept a few =
extra just too see them in the hobby.  Besides steindachneri, there is P. =
suboccellatus matadi color form, and nijsseni.  The number depends on tank =
space of  course, and I always like to raise new fish.  It is always =
interesting to see what young fry grow up to look like, how their =
personalities differ.  One I have been looking for forever is A. regani, I =
hear there are a few in the U.S. now, so that is one I would find tank =
space for and keep just to see it in the hobby over the years.

Just another variant is the double spotted nijsseni, instead of one dorsal =
blotch on the side there are a few fry with zero spots or with two spots. =
I was going to see if I could consistently breed two spots, but who knows. =
(I know not a natural variant and I would certainly keep the main stream =
strain as well)
Kathy