Re: Identidication of Pelvicachromis Species.

>Nigerian Green

Wow these are appearing everywhere. Mine were sold to me as "Yellow kribs".
They are P. taeniatus and the green is just appearing under the chin on
my males.

Males                      Females

No spot in dorsal          Obvious black spot in back end of dorsal
Pointed, elongated ventrals Rounded , shorter ventrals
Dorsal trim goes to tip    Dorsal trim ends before tip

Mine have orange eyebrows and orange in the dorsal, others report red
eyebrows. BTW, they are difficult to sex (for me) until they are at
least 2 cm. By then the males are also usually the larger fish in a mix.

- -Doug