Re: Flowerpots as caves.

At 04:39 PM 2/23/98 +0100, you wrote:
>I am going get a couple of dwarf cichlids, and I was wondering how
>flowerpots is used as caves.
>
>Do I turn it up side down, and break a little of the rim, so the
>cichlids can enter?

Either that or you do as I do. Put them in a bag and smash them completely.
Then arrange the broken pieces into a complex landscape with lots of hiding
places and caves.

>Which size and type (material) of pot is the bedst?
>
>Is it better to find rocks, and build the caves myself? And if so, do I
>have to glue them together with silicone?

My favorite caves are coconut shells cut in half with a piece cut out for
entry. Easy, cheap and does look natural in your tank.

HTH,	Martin.
Martin Rausch
Darmstadt
GERMANY