Re: Flowerpots as caves.

Peter writes:

<< I am going get a couple of dwarf cichlids, and I was wondering how
 flowerpots is used as caves.  >>

Just lay them on their side, which the opening facing the front of the tank so
you can see into it.  I experimented by using 2", 3", and 4" pots.  When given
the choise, my Apistos invariably went for the 2 inch ones.  I have also
noticed a tendency to prefer pots which have the bottom broken, so that the
parent can escape out the back if necessary, but this is not a hard-set rule.
I use red clay pots, but have sen folks use the small square plastic ones.  If
you go this route, avoid orange and pink.  Dave Soares tried them, and the
fish won't use them.

Bob Dixon