Infusoria Culturing ??

Hi All

I am trying to get a infusoria culture going - for the first time!  As I
need something to feed my baby rams.

Now i AM counting my fishies before they hatch but I lost my last spawn
(80+) when they hatched 3 days before I went on holidays and altho there
was lots of plant material in the tank I lost all of  'em.. *sigh*)

Any way I've read all the info I can find but have a couple of probably
basic questions...

1) how much light/heat is required - average day time temp for me is
about 27 C at the moment

2) to aerate or not to aerate - or does it matter?  ( Aquaria FAQ says
aerate - Tropical Fish Digest says not to ... )

3) If I am starting with old tank water and lettuce leaves.. how long
until I can produce enough to feed my (as yet unhatched) babies?

Thanks

Steph

PS: Any Sydney siders know where to get vinegar eel cultures? or a
Australian mail order group that carries them??