Re: Ap. sp. " Satarem "

At 02:55 PM 2/25/98 -0500, samaroo wrote:
>Hello All,
>
>just saw a neat apisto at a LFS going under the name Ap. sp. Santarem.
Males (?) look a lot like a very yellow Ap. bitaeniata.  Has anyone had any
experience with breeding, sexing, ... anything?

>TIA
>
>Andy
>samaroo@aracnet.net
Andy

I had spawned bitaeniata the first time in early 94 and just recently got my
film developed from then. In the two photos of my male there was a
difference in coloring. When he wasn't tending fry he was the normal dark
markings over the back and when he was tending fry he had mostly a yellow
body with light markings showing through that indicated he definitely was a
bitaeniata.

Kaycy