Re: A. bitaeniata

L Brinkman writes:

<< I'm hoping you can help me out.  I bought a small group of these fish
> on the weekend (wild caught!).  However I have only a small amount of
> info on them.  How do you tell males from females? >

Males get larger, have more lyrate tails, and darker bodies over all.

> How big do they have to be to breed?  Any info would be greatly appreciated.

I have had them breed when the males were about an inch and a quarter (30mm?).
"Standard" apisto water conditions are fine- hardness below 90 ppm, pH in the
6's, temp around 80F.
Nice find-  They have a certain regalness to them.  I'm sure you'll be really
happy with them

Bob