Re: Aggies in 55 gallon

Diane writes:

<< I have a
> pair of Agassizs! and in the tank (55 gal) I have some angels,Rams or
> Thomasis, tetras & live beareres, What other kinds of Apistos could I
> put in this tank? And is there a place on the net that I can find
> pictures of the various kinds? Thank you all very much.
> Diane
> amos@grolen.com >>

It sounds like you may have stretched the capacity a little already.  It is my
experience that it is easier on the fish to keep the stocking levels down, and
more satisfying for me also, as the fish are healthier and more fun to watch.
I personally avoid livebearers with my dwarves, as I have had some occasional
trouble with fin-nipping, especially from swordtails.  IMHO, Aggies and Rams
are enough dwarves for one tank.
For sites, try <A HREF="http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Plains/7918/">
newdave</A>,  <A HREF="http://www.fishlinkcentral.com/">Fish Link Central</A>,
<A HREF="http://trans4.neep.wisc.edu/~gracy/fish/opener.html">Cichlid Home
Page</A>, or our local favorite,
<A HREF="http://www.cco.caltech.edu/~aquaria/krib/">The Krib</A>.  I think
someone is working on setting up a list of Apisto pictures on the web

Bob Dixon