Re: Bad idea

Hi,
The idea behind adding black tea was like this. I checked pH in my tank,
and it
was 7.6. I dont know how long it stayed that high - from several hours to
around a week. I knew female A.cruzi was going to spawn that evening or
next morning, (she was spawning unsucsessfully every 11-12 days, three
times total) and I did not have any peat to replace peat filter. So, I
looked for substitutes, tea first coming in mind. So, tea lowered pH to
6.25, female spawned next morning. She was much more agressive then
usual, attacked even me, and I decided not to disturb anything in the
tank, including putting new peat filter. Eggs were gradually
disappearing, like in first three spawns, but few remained, and today I
saw her with couple of fry. Of course, it is anecdotal that only few fry
remained, but it is her first time having them at all. She cared very well
for eggs, but looks like not too much for fry. Can it be she decided just
several kids are not worth care?
Usually pH in their tank stays around 5.6, I still need to find out the
cause of pH rise that time. The male is about 6 sm, female 4.5. Is he
still too young, do I need to find him a substitution or try several more
times?