Mayland and Bork Book

Hi all,
I just got my copy of Mayland and Bork and though happy to add any dwarf
cichlid lit. to my collection- a bit unsatisfied with this volume. It's
true most of the photos have been "photoshopped" into a fantasy spectrum of
unreal violets, blues. The translation is pretty rough- references to
apistos from Central America (read "Amazonia"), long nonsense run-ons, etc.
However, there are a few good points- the 2 maps of Amazonia in the front
(I would have appreciated more names tributaries- where's the Tahuayo?
Payomino?), I like the microhabitat photo on page 13 and of course the
water analyses (worth the price for this alone).
- - Steve

Steven J. Waldron                       phone/fax: (415) 386-7377
2550 Balboa St. #2                      email: swaldron@slip.net
San Francisco, CA, 94121 USA

"Well I woke up in the morning
There's frogs inside my socks"   - Bob Dylan, On the Road Again