Aggressive Apistos

Hi everybody,

Just a quick question on Apisto behavior. The un-named apisto's I have
in my 70 gal display tank have spawned. The question is how mean do
these fish get durring and after spawning? The male is really being ugly
and nasty to the Bolivian rams that live in there too. I have seen some
aggressive behavior but this is beyond my expectations. They fight on a
steady basis. The male Apisto keeps the rams on the other side of the
tank, but that is not where it ends. I have moved the ram fry to a 20
gal low to grow in. But what about the parents? Are they in danger? Will
this end in death if I don't seperate them. What about other Apistos? I
am at a loss as what to do.