Re: Ram Fry Problems

Thanks Aaron and everyone else for your suggestions.

The food issue is one I was thinking of too.  I was feeding the TetraMin baby
food for egglayers, tho I have been told that even this is too big.  I had a
'culture!' of infusoria that I made from instructions from the FAQ and other
sources but it ended up looking so ummm revolting that I was loath to add it to
the tank.  I have since obtained a clean culture of controlled infusoria from a
LFS ($9!!!! for a jar of slightly murky water !)

Now I'm waiting for them to lay again and see what happens  - hopefully I can
manage this without tooo much experimentation.  The first time I took their eggs
away they took almost a month before they laid again, so Im expecting them to lay
within the next 10 days or so. (The male is ready........ just the girlie isnt -
sound familiar :)

I also have my first pair of krib's in the 50 gal community tank that I bought 8
days ago and have spawned already.  However they have spawned inside a clam shell
- - me being a little slow to get around to terracotta pots and stuff - any one
think the shell will affect the egg/fry growth?  The male is vigorously defending
the territory from all and sundry so  I'm hoping they will get to raise the fry.

Steph