Best (SA) plants for apistos?

I'm in the initial stages of trying to figure out what plants I'd like to
put in the 135 gallon I'm in the process of setting up.  I've ordered the
recommended amount of Dupla laterite, and will have approx 200W of
flourescent lighting (4 x 40W + 2 x 30W) once I get my canopy built this
week.  I'm hoping to set it up for Apistos, and I'd like to stay with South
American plants, 'cause I'm anal that way.  Has anyone had success with a
particular plant under typical Apisto conditions? (Soft, acid water, warm
temp, etc.)  To revisit the 'biotope' discussion, what plants are normally
found in association with wild apistos?

Thanks,
Duncan Elkins