Re: Pictures!

It seems my kribs are almost certainly pulcher, just very colorful ones.
The females faked me out but the males do not have the black edged scales
characteristic of all taeniatus. As per Steve's note it looks like some
photo captions out there are just plain wrong and that Linke and Staeck
(CICHLIDS from West Africa, Tetra Press 1994) is the best reference. I'll
relabel the photos soon.

The krib and Rotpunkt females in the photos are BOTH spawning as of this
morning, thankfully at opposite ends of the tank!

- -Doug Brown
debrown@kodak.com