Re: A.Nijsseni

George writes:

<< Just found two female nijsseni yesterday, after searching for a few
> months. All ready have two males  (full grown) in a 50 gallon community
> tank. Should I put the two females (a little over one inch long) in the 50
> gallon with the two males and let them pair off.
> Or put one or two pairs in a 15 gallon tank?
> Or put one male and two females in the 15 gallon tank? >>

Seems to me any of those methods is a valid option.  With two males in the 50,
I recommend keeping a very close eye on the level of agression, but the alpha
male probably won't harrange the sub male too badly until the first spawn.  I
think Kaycy's method would be to put all four in a 15-20 long, and when two of
them pair off, move the other two to a second tank.  I have taken this
approach with good success, and always end up with multiple spawning pairs by
it.

Bob