sp. "Opal"?

My LFS just got in a pair of apistos he was told are this. THey sure aren't
in Linke and Staek or Richter. The male looks a lot like borelli with red
spots and iridescent blue on the face, but the body is more drab with a
broken lateral line and that "broad transversal banded pattern". There
is no caudal spot or ab stripes, but the lateral line runs into the
caudal fin ala borelli. Kathy Olsen sent me a preprint of her article
with A. sp. "Opalita" scribbled in under the borelli group. Could this
be it?

- -Doug