Pictures

Doug,
I have looked at your pics and the Pelvicachromis there are pulcher. They
appear to be the variety that we spoke of earlier, ref. Cichlid News Jan92.
They often come in with the green Nigerian P. taeniatus. The taeniatus, as
mentioned by others, has a dark edging to the body scales of the males.
They are in older references often call the " slender krib". The body being
more cigar shaped. The color varieties closely related to the "Kienke"
variety are just slightly deeper bodied.
Male and females in different shipments and in single shipments vary in
color and intensity, not to mention a wide range of "spots" in dorsal and
tail finnage.
I think  Tetra's book by Linke and Staeck is the most accurate info and
pictures.
You have done well with your photos.
Mike