Re: sp. "Opal"?

<< I've seen pretty 'opals', but I think they're just borellis. I think I
> may have read on this list a ways back that they occured in nature.
> Borelli are cheap, sp opal is expensive, so I think the 'sp' designation
> is marketing.
> -Gary >>

Right you are, Gary.  They are a color morph found in some unique collection
area.  Most hobbyists who have seen them in spawning colors would say they
knock the socks off the "old" borrellii, sometimes now being refered to as
"Blue" or "Blue-and-Yellow"

Bob Dixon