Re: sp. "Opal"?

Hi Doug, the  opals are a color variety of good old Apistogramma
borelli they come in wild just like that. I go to the South American
Importers and they are very common and are sent to Europe by my
importers as a hot bread and butter fish. good luck doug they are very
pretty and easy to breed!!

Dave.

- ---doug  wrote:

> My LFS just got in a pair of apistos he was told are this. THey sure
aren't
> in Linke and Staek or Richter. The male looks a lot like borelli
with red
> spots and iridescent blue on the face, but the body is more drab
with a
> broken lateral line and that "broad transversal banded pattern". There
> is no caudal spot or ab stripes, but the lateral line runs into the
> caudal fin ala borelli. Kathy Olsen sent me a preprint of her article
> with A. sp. "Opalita" scribbled in under the borelli group. Could this
> be it?
>
> -Doug

Archives"!