Re: pH & hydra

At 01:16 AM 5/1/1998 EDT, you wrote:
>I have not seen any postings on what to do if the water is too soft.
>In New York City, water comes from the tap at about 6.8pH, <1 GH and <.5 KH
>  the problem is that it is very difficult to maintain a stable pH.

Add a decorative seashell to your tank.  It will slowly dissolve (over
decades), raising GH, KH, pH and a whole bunch of other Hs.   ;^)>

If that is too weak a medicine for you, try a LITTLE crushed coral gravel
in a net sack (so you can remove it if necessary).

Good luck.

- --
Dave Gomberg	mailto:gomberg@wcf.com
FormMaestro  <http://www.wcf.com>