Too Soft

Myongsu,
	I had a few problems with my PH crashing as my water is very soft.I also
keep and breed a lot of Rift Lake  cichlids that require hard water.I had
tried a few of the things that you had and found them to be either
unreliable ,or they were just too damn expensive.The reason why your baking
soda alone doesn't work is because it only has temporary hardness.If you
want to maintain your PH for a longer period of time then you need to bring
the hardness of your water up.For this I like to use a combination of
Calcium Chloride(sold as a de-icer),Magnesium salt,and for the Africans I
put in some Reef Crystals salt mix(I believe this adds certian elements
that fish may require,ie.trace elements iodine ect.) . The good thing about
using Calcium Chloride is that it won't increase your PH.I hopr this is
helpful.
Aaron