RE: P. Pulcher spawn

It means the eggs have hatched, and the fry (with large yolk sacs that
prevent them from moving) are beating their tails. They probably do this to
self-aerate.

> The eggs are now rapidly vibrating back and forth without
> being fanned by the mother

There is a picture of a really red P. pulcher in one of those Tetra Press
books by Linke and Staeke, either the one on dwarf cichlids or west african
cichlids. I don't have my copy handy, but perhaps someone else can give the
exact citation.

> These were labelled as p. pulcher "Red Phase" in the fish store.  Is
> anyone
> familiar with this alleged morph?

	Daryl Williams