RE: Shipping fish?

I have taken as many as 8 styrofoam boxes (inside 4 cardboard boxes) on
the airplain--checked by the Skycap. I sign a waiver for the 'live
animals' and that is all there is to it on United, USAir, or Delta.
These boxes are put in with the regular luggage; usually on top, and
survive quite well. Only had one incident of a leaker coming off the
plane. This is from either LAX or SFO to destinations in the Great Lakes
area.

International shipping is tougher because of CITES, internal
environmental restrictions, and the need for additional income (i.e.,
forms, permits, etc.). Country of origin may have issues, i.e., non
CITES, or personally bred fish stock (though they still fronw when it is
on the CITES list--they can't figure out how YOU got hold of the fish if
you hadn't stolen (collected) them yourself...