First apisto spawn

Just after all of the messages giving me suggestions on how to lower my H's,
I did a 1/3 water change in my 10g breeding tank using water that had been
boiled with peat.  It now looks like the a. juruensis liked it better than I
could have hoped and are acting like they spawned.  Up until the water
change with peat water, the male was dominant and chased the female and the
gold tetra dithers all around the tank.  The day after, it seemed that she
started regaining her beautiful yellow spawning dress and he got less and
less happy.  Finally last night, the male looked like he was about to be
KO'd and the female was bright yellow except for her black markings.  At the
suggestion of my local apisto resource (Andrew at Totally Fish in Silver
Spring, MD, a great store for apistos!) I removed the male and three of the
four dithers.  Couldn't catch the last one, but will try again tonight.  So
far, I haven't seen any babies but wouldn't expect to for a few more days.

Technical stuff from the day that I think they spawned:  pH: 6.5; General
Hardness: 4 degrees; Temp: 78 degrees.  The tank is a 10g heavily planted
with broad-leaf plants, water sprite and a huge chunk of java moss.  I put
the peat-boiled water in as well as blackwater extract.  There were four
gold tetras as dither fish.  There were also two bogwood logs (about four
pounds) and half a coconut shell to provide spawning caves.  I believe they
chose the coconut shell but can't tell yet.

Thanks to all for the advice.