Re: Shipping fish

At 02:10 PM 5/7/98 -0400, you wrote:
>I would also be interested in learning how to (on a hobbyist level -- I
>don't keep an oxygen tank in my basement) transport fish.
>
>Do you just pack them up carefully and overnight them (obviously the best
>way to guarantee they're still alive when they get there), or are there
>cheaper options?  Yes there are much cheaper options.

 How long can you reasonably expect a fish to live in a
>bag, and how does that change depending on the time of year (i.e., how cold
>it is outside)?  Good questions and the time of the year is a very
important factor...winter months and cold    summer months and heat

I read Tim Ellis post before this one so I private emailed him an article
written by Robert A. Rice.  Its a pretty good article on shipping fish.  If
its Ok to post a long article I'd be happy to put it on the list.  Is it OK??

Nancy