Thanks for the Info on Hydra

Hi Folks,,

Just wanted to say thanks for everyone's input into my hydra outbreak.
The tank that had the fry seems to be doing OK, and I haven't seen any
more of the nasty critters in that tank. The Tucuri tank had hydra in it
also, and I treated it with Clout.  It worked really well. The fish
didn't seem distressed at all during the 4 days of treatments. My plants
also survived with no problems, didn't have a plant even drop a leaf.
Clout didn't seem to damage the biological filter either.  I did a 50%
water change after the treatment, and added carbon back into the
filter.  The fish have great appetites, and every one survived the
outbreak.

This was my first experience with these micro carnivores, and now that I
have seen the little buggers, I will be more watchful for them. I'm
still haven't figured out where they came from, though,, unsolved
mystery!!

All the fish are doing great!!  I picked up  a male/2 female group of
Norberti's in Montreal, and also 4 female Agassizzi's for my male, who
really likes them, he is really colourful now, and keeps parading in
front of his new females!! I also bought 4 Corydora Sterbai, who are
beautiful!!

Thanks again,, I sure am proud and glad to be part of this list,,

Vicky and her fishy buddies