Apisto. nijsseni difficulty

I tend to agree with William in his comment re spawning Ap. nijsseni,  this
species has me foxed.  I have successfully ( I mean the fish have ) bred
and
reared 19 different species of Apisto's in the past four years, many being
wild caught with no apparent difficulty.  My  Apisto. pandurini spawned and
appeared with fry 17 days from date of purchase.  Why I couldn't have
success with Nijsseni is beyond me.
I feel that when a certain species has you beaten it is best to pass them
onto a fellow aquarist who has had past success in breeding them to enable
the fish to do what nature intended.  This also serves the purpose of a
readily available supply of a particular species which may in turn give
someone the opportunity to enter the world of Dwarf Cichlids.
I would also like to point out that it is only in the past couple of years
that Apistogramma's have become more available here in Scotland, mainly due
to dedicated aquarists who are interested in breeding a wide variety of
species and in turn passing the quality young on.  This of course applies
to any species.
Helen.