Re: guppy in chiclid tank?

I keep guppies with my breeding wild-caught A. cacatuoides OBs (that's another
story) and Anomalochromis sp. Guinea.  They make a good dither since they don't
usually swim in the lower levels of the tank.  I've had my strain of guppy for
over 5 years and they're adapted to my tap water (pH 7.2, dGH 1º, dKH <2º).  I
definitely wouldn't go out and buy some of the Asian bred fish.  These are bred
in 50/50 salt water and will have a difficult time adjusting to soft water
conditions.  I wouldn't use guppies in blackwater tanks.  Try killies.

Mike Wise