Re: Fry...

cfonda@sentientconsult.com wrote:

>   What I am unsure about is whether I should be
> leaving the 2 emporer tetras and 1 bloodfin tetra in the tank.  Should I
> take them out, and, if so, when?  Should I leave the male?

You should remove the emporer tetras.  I've been able to successfully keep most
Apisto babies with certain tetra species--particularly if they are schooling
tetras like neons and rummy noses.  However, I've watched emperors (territorial,
not schoolers) swimming heads down, looking for and snatching any fry that wander
too far away from mom.  The female is able to make them keep a distance, but the
emporers can be relentless and they are quicker than Apistos.  Of the "peaceful"
tetras, the worst I've seen so far in a tank with Apisto fry is the emporer
tetra.

- --Randy