tucurui, first behaviour.

Last week I asked some things about A.tucurui and did get some info back
(thanks for that).
I'm 99% sure it really is tucurui due to a pic i saw.
I bought 4 speciman (2 males, 2 females, it was all they had!) and placed
them in a 150cm tank with 4 juvenile P.altums.
One of the females is already yellow and according to her body she layd some
eggs (haven't found them yet).
In my oppinion: A big difference with other apisto's is their aggression.
Esspecially the males can't be kept together. My tank is 150 * 50 * 50 cm
(375 liters) and it's still too small.
The "father" also hunts down the other (not-yellow) female. Logical
conclusion: I'll split the two couples later this afternoon in order to try
and get spawn from 2 couples, especially since they seem extinct in nature
(read mike's and bob's reply).
With two seperate couples the spawning-chance is of course much bigger!
I'll keep you informed.
I also like to know something about the waterchemistry of there (disapeared)
natural habitat.
Jan

Visit me at http://home-2.worldonline.nl/~jbusser/index.htm