Re: Spawning Rams

NEVER!!!!

Hi Paul, I am sorry I forgot to mention it in the first message, but
eggs should be by themselves. The rams are considered extremely bad
parents. My experience does not contradict the general opinion. Out of
about a dosen pairs I went through, only one I SUSPECTED could
be an exception (they tried hard to defend the eggs then I tried to
remove them and bite me many times, may be some time I will give them a
chance), but I actually never even heard about them being able to rise
the youngs.
And I also forgot to mention that I have a bag of peat in the baby tank.
I really do not know importance of doing it, but I do. Theoretically it
can help to stabilize pH, but I am not sure it has a time to have any
effect because of frequent water changes.
Do you see any dead (white) eggs by now? They start to appear on the
second day if there are unviable some, and continue to appear untill
hatching.

Good luck with yours!!
Keep posted, I would really like to know how it progress. What are your
water parameters?

Best wishes

Lilia Stepanova