Re: Tank Size For Breeding Apistos

At 11:41 AM 6/11/1998 -0500, Tim Ellis wrote:
>What kind of light fixture do you use on a 10 gal. All I have been able to
find are
>incandescent fixtures, which I might add do nothing for the plants and
heats the
>tanks up too much. Is there a company that makes fluorescent fixtures for
10 and 15
>gal tanks?

All my tanks are basically on racks. Stacked so I don't use individual light
fixtures. The best we have found are the shop lights you get at the
lumber/garden stores and then place plant flourescent tubes in them. On the
racks with the 10's and 20's we use the shop lights that hold 2 flourescent
tubes. (Ones meant for plants) and then on our one 55 that is strickly a
plant tank (with some fish) the shop light holds four flourescent tubes. The
shop lights are cheapest over all and are 4' long. Eventually we want to
hook the lights to the underneath of the plywood above them for the higher
shelf but not all our stands at this point have plywood under the tanks.

Kaycy